Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How to Cook the Best Hot Dog

This might be silly to post, but I know somebody out there is like me and will want to know. Several months ago, I wanted to cook a really good hot dog. I didn't know how though! I had only cooked hot dogs on the grill or in the microwave. Those hot dogs just didn't have the taste that I wanted, so I turned to the internet. I found a site that I can't remember anymore that said this was the best way to cook a hot dog. So, I tried it. They were right. It is the best.

It's easy peasy, too! But maybe you are smarter than me and know how to do this already! If not, read on!

Get a skillet and just fill it up a little bit with water (not half way). Turn your stove on medium high to high. Put the hot dog in. Let cook until the water has cooked out of the skillet. This will let the hot dog become steamed and plump. Once the water is gone, let it cook a few seconds longer in the skillet to get browned. And that's it! The best tasting hot dog you will ever have! I promise!

IMG_5794

IMG_5802

No comments: