Friday, July 23, 2010

Mushroom, Onion, and Swiss Turkey Burgers with Grilled Pineapple


I've been trying to cut carbs from my diet, so this turkey burger recipe was perfect. I promise this doesn't taste like diet food because it's not! It's just healthy and yummy! Can't beat that! Give it a try.


Ingredients:
Ground Turkey
Yellow Onion-Some diced, some sliced
2 tbsp or more Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp (or to your taste) Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
Swiss Cheese (1 slice per burger)
lettuce
Pineapple

Directions:
Mix ground turkey, diced onions, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper in bowl. Form patties and place on a skillet coated with cooking spray or grill. Flip and cook until no longer pink.

Meanwhile, slice pineapple in strips. Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Place pineapple on pan and flip occasionally until browned on each side.

Also, place tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium high. Add sliced onions and mushrooms. I also added Worcestershire sauce to add a little flavor. Continue cooking until onions are soft and somewhat caramelized.

When your burgers are completely cooked, turn skillet to low and add Swiss cheese.

Place burger inside lettuce wrap, top with onions and mushrooms.


Serve with grilled pineapple and garden salad

This was the best turkey burger I've ever had! I can't wait to make these again!

2 comments:

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

This is a super cute summer burger. I like that it is in a crisp lettuce wrap instead of bread. And you have got to love grilled pineapple!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.