This is absolutely my all time favorite dish to make and eat!!! My husband and I love it and have it frequently. It's better than anything at a Mexican restaurant!
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup sour cream
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chilies
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 pkg. (10 oz.) 6-inch flour tortillas
1 jar (16 oz.) green salsa
½ cup water
1. Grease a 13x9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl, mix chicken, half the sour cream and half of cilantro, red pepper, chilies, ¼ cup cheese, garlic, and cumin.
3. Warm tortillas as directed on package.
4. Meanwhile, puree salsa, water and remaining ½ c. of sour cream and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Spread 1 cup over bottom of baking dish.
5. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down crosswise in 2 rows on sauce in baking dish.
6. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; bake uncovered 35 minutes
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.